Online marketing or digital marketing is the latest trend and everyone wants to master the new-age marketing techniques. If you are one of those digital marketing enthusiasts who want to win over your visitors and encourage them to do business with you, you need to learn about some important marketing techniques that will help you achieve your marketing goals.
Having a website may be the primary step towards your e-marketing initiatives, but it may not be the only thing you need in order to take advantage of the burgeoning internet world. Though internet users are growing at a fast pace, but your competitors may also be growing at the same speed. This is the reason why you need to focus on your marketing efforts in a dedicated and professional manner.
Here are 20 techniques that will help you in your marketing efforts.
- Targeting Your Visitors: You need to know where your visitors are. Without identifying them, you cannot develop a marketing strategy. For example, you think you can sell your products/services more to mobile customers, you need to target them. Mobile marketing will also help you to track down the geographical locations of your visitors. Most mobile users have GPS enabled devices with them and it helps you find their geographical locations.
- Draft Personalized Message: More visitors will pay attention to your offers, deals etc, if they know it has been designed especially for them. You can take the help of a fantastic free tool Hellobar to create personalized messages. You can deliver tailor-made messages to each of the visitors every time they visit your website.
- Simple & Clutter-free Design: Don’t think too many design elements will help draw the attention of too many visitors. Rather, you should focus on a simple and clutter-free design that can guide a visitor to carry out the intended task in an effortless manner.
- Distinct “Calls to Action”: You must be intelligent enough to give clear ‘calls to action’ messages to your visitors. Make sure it doesn’t get superimposed by your design elements. You may use contrast colors to help your ‘calls to action’ appear distinctly.
- Third-party Authentication for User Registration: Instead of encouraging visitors to complete the signup process directly on your website, try the third-party authentication like Facebook, Google or Twitter. This will help them signup at one click of the button, and will dramatically increase the conversion rate as well.
- Increasing signups: If you find that users are not coming at a usual speed, you may take help of Qualaroo and ask your visitors a few simple questions to help understand what is preventing them to complete a signup process on your website.
Blogging to Your Success
Adding blogs to your website can give a tremendous boost to your content marketing efforts. However, you need to use blogging in the right manner to add success to your digital marketing initiatives. Here are a few blogging insights for your reference:
- No Hard Selling: People often visit a blog for knowledge or help. You should not try to start selling there. Your blog posts should provide detailed and helpful information that visitors would like to learn about your products or services.
- Great Interactive Content: You need to develop blog posts that people would love to read. You need to be a little creative and have to think about the content that visitors will appreciate.
- Attention-drawing Headlines: Your headlines should inspire the visitors to check the fine details of your blog posts.
- Free Guides: You can create several free helpful guides for your visitors and post them in your blog section. These guides can contain valuable information and the ‘Free to Download’ term can be tempting enough for any visitor.
- Connect with your readers: It’s important to maintain an interaction with your audience. If you reply to their comments, they will be encouraged to visit your blogs again and again.
- Maintain Consistency: You need to post consistently and in a regular manner so that visitors have something new to read about every time they visit your blog. If you fail to provide them with fresh content in a regular manner, they may stop visiting your blog.
- Be Straight, Be Simple: Your communication should be straightforward, free of technical jargon. An average reader can understand what you intend to convey them and should enjoy your content as well.
- Honesty is Still the Best Policy: While writing, you need to be honest. Self-bragging or writing something controversial may distract the readers.
Benefitting from the Emerging Social Media
The social media has emerged in a big manner, and we must know how to use social media platforms to drive web traffic to our website. Here are some of the important ways to take the help of the social media to woo visitors to your website:
- Interact with Your Followers on social Media: Try to build fans and followers on social networks, and try to engage with them. Reply to their comments and encourage them to visit your website with your smart replies.
- They Want to Know More About You: Whether you are a company or an individual, visitors on social media are always more interested in knowing about you personally. Don’t hesitate to post a few photos about your personal life. This will help you connect with your audience.
- Channelize Your Efforts: Social media efforts may prove somehow time-consuming. Thus, you need to focus your efforts on those networks where you think your target audience is. Dedicate your efforts to get the best results out of the time you spend on social media campaigning.
- Pour Water on Fire: When you come across any negative opinion on a social media network, try to address the issues positively. Don’t be disrespectful towards the person posting negative opinions. Try to resolve the issues and try to turn it positive, instead of fuelling controversies.
- Quality & Interesting Content: Focus on the quality content and maintain an engaging format for readers to enjoy your posts. This will help you a regular reader base and your followers will multiply in a consistent manner.
- Focus on Social Goals: Draft your social profiles to give an idea about your social goals. People will definitely appreciate your broad objectives about your social initiatives.
Drawing attention of your targeted visitors requires a little bit effort. One needs to be regular and consistent to help woo the visitors on the web. You need to remain in touch with your audience to keep them engaged and interested in your products, services and offerings.
These marketing techniques are simple to carry out and can bring marvelous results for your success in the online world.