Installing the Windows Operating System on the Pen drive is so easy. And it is necessary for those who want to take a preview of the Windows Operating System before installing in the System.
This trick will save the time from uninstalling and re-installing the Current Windows Operating System in the computer and more over we can use the Operating System installed on the pen drive in any Computer. And use the files with the interference of the installed Operating System on pen drive……And accessing operating system from the pen drive can help you to keep you away from the key-loggers while you are using public computers. So this trick can help you to access your bank accounts and sensitive data from public computer in secure way!
Getting Started: —-
Before starting to install the Windows 7 or Windows 8 on your Pen Drive you need to get some tools……
Get the original ISO copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 or windows XP OS from Microsoft website..
If you already have the ISO image of the OS that’s better and those who don’t have… follow these steps
Get the Original disc of the Windows 7 OS or Windows 8 OS and make a ISO image file by using the NERO Burner or any other Image Burner
Then you need to have the extracting software just like (WinRar or 7Zip) and the main part is Pen drive of 16 GB(recommend with 3.0) storage capacity…or higher pen drive…
And finally the tool GimageX you can get this tool from here
Now the process starts….it will end in five simple steps
- Extract the ISO image onto local drive by using the WinRar or 7 Zip
- And now search for the file named “Sources”
- And then in that folder find the file “install.wim”
STEP 2: Preparing the Pen Drive
- Now plugin the Pen Drive to the Computer
- After the drivers are installed open your drive
- And backup your data to safe folder to the local drive….
- After taking the Backup of your files on pendrive you need to format completely (don’t choose the Quick format mode ) to remove virus from pen drive
- After formatting your pen drive…
STEP 3: Installing the Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows XP
- Now fire up the GimageX and hit on the “Apply” tab
- Now in the source file enter the complete path of “install.wim”(extracted from the . ISO file enter the full path where the file is located on local disk)
- After getting the Source path file you need to enter the Destination of the USB drive.(USB volume label)
- After setting the Destination path you are recommend not to change the Settings (Leave them as they are)
- Now hit on the “Apply”
- After hitting on the “Apply” it will take some time to complete the process (Speed depends on the speed of the pendrive)
- After the Process is completed then it is the time to close the GimageX and jump to the Step 4
Step 4: After the Process
Now after completing the process you need to again fire up the Command Promote then need to enter the command as shown here bcdboot k:Windows /s k: (k is my pen drive letter change this with your drive letter) in command promote this will make your removable devices ready for receiving the booting files. and replace the above code with your drive letter……..
Now restart the system and enter into the BIOS settings and there you can choose the enable booting from the removable devices… (recommended to set the USB boot priority to First)
NOTE: The Speed of the operating system depends on speed of the pen drive.
Update: This tools may be helpful for you to Install Win 7 & other OS on a USB and CD/DVD.
- Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool (Only for Windows 7 32 & 64 Bit Versions)
- YUMI (Automated Universal MultiBoot UFD Creation Tool- You can create Multi Boot USB/CD)
For Download Links Please Look Below:
Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool (Click Here to Download)
YUMI (Automated Universal MultiBoot UFD Creation Tool- You can create Multi Boot USB/CD) (Click Here to Download)